Episode 163: Finding Your Dream Clients with Reina Pomeroy
The idea of dream clients is one that’s thrown around a lot, but what does that mean and where on earth do we find these people? In this episode, guest Reina Pomeroy shares everything we need to know about finding our dream clients and much more.
Finding clients is always a hot topic around here because when you run a service business, you need clients to thrive. That’s exactly why I invited today’s guest Reina Pomeroy to join us to talk about how her business has evolved and how finding her dream clients has changed over time. Plus, she shares some insights on how to figure out who those dream clients are, why she doesn’t like niching and more.
Here’s What We Discussed:
- Reina talked about her business and how she makes money.
- She let us in on how she finds her dreamy clients for her 1:1 work.
- She explained what a “dreamy” client is and why it matters that we’re focusing on these types of clients.
- We find out how to attract a higher caliber of client and how to be proactive about doing so.
- What the sparkle factor is and how we can tap into that to understand our uniqueness.
- Why it is so important to pay ourselves a salary (no matter how small) and why Reina thinks people aren’t paying themselves.
Reina Pomeroy is the Founder of Reina + Co and the Creator of the Profit & Serve Program. She helps multi-passionate entrepreneurs get laser focused so they can book more dreamy clients with ease, get paid to do what they love, and have the time to enjoy it. She is a Coach, Speaker, Educator, Author of the Big Plan for the Creative Mind, and Podcaster. Reina is the host of the Creative Empire Podcast and the Fueled with Heart Podcast. Reina’s work has been featured on the Entrepreneur on Fire Podcast, Influencer Podcast, Don’t Keep Your Day Job Podcast, Entrepreneur.com, Brit + Co, The Huffington Post, and the Rising Tide Society.
Three Lessons for Finding Your Dream Clients:
- How you find clients will evolve. Reina shared how she started off making connections, then getting more referrals, and now being in a position where clients come to her. It took work for her to get to finding her dream clients and being willing to extend herself and leave her comfort zone to make that happen.
- You need to know your dream clients inside and outside. It’s not all about the typical ideal client exercise but more about knowing what they’re thinking and feeling. You need to get in their heads to be able to serve them effectively.
- Find your sparkle factor. You need to know why people should choose you. Maybe that’s how you work with clients, your framework, your superpowers or something else. But spend some time on why you’re different, and what makes you sparkle.