Episode 159: Your Three Word Rebellion with Michelle Mazur
If you think that your message as a service business owner doesn’t matter — think again. It matters more than you may realize! In this episode, guest Michelle Mazur shares why every boss needs a clear message and how to find your Three Word Rebellion.
This time last year when Michelle shared with me her concept of the Three Word Rebellion when it was infancy, I became sort of obsessed with it. As someone who works with clients on messaging, I knew how complicated people really liked to make it and how having a simple, powerful framework, like the Three Word Rebellion, could make a massive difference.
Fast forward to now, and Michelle’s pivoted her business and is about to release the 3 Word Rebellion book. Plus, I share the Three Word Rebellion behind this brand — which just happens to be the name of this podcast and much more.
Here’s What We Discussed:
- Michelle talked about her business and how she makes money.
- How, over the last year, she has evolved in her business with the addition of the Three Word Rebellion. She dives into the Three Word Rebellion and what it’s all about and how it’s changed the course of her business.
- As a service business owner, why the Three Word Rebellion is applicable to us.
- How we can get started with figuring out what our Three Word Rebellion is.
- Once we have an idea, how we can apply this message and vision to our business.
- Examples of service business owners she thinks used this concept really well.
- Michelle reviewed her new 3 Word Rebellion book.
Michelle Mazur, Ph.D. founded Communication Rebel® on the belief that communication changes the world, so that’s what she helps business owners, entrepreneurs, and speakers do: rebel against the status quo to make a difference, one compelling message at a time. She is the creator of the 3 Word Rebellion™ for creating a message that matters to your audience so that you can build your business and your movement.
She is the host of the podcast Rebel Rising, a podcast for the next generation of leaders who want to shake up the status quo and reach more people with their message. Dr. Michelle is the author of Speak Up for Your Business and the bestselling Speak for Impact. Her rebel yell has appeared in Fast Company, Inc., Entrepreneur, PR Daily, Business2Community, and She Owns It.
She lives in Seattle, Washington, with her adoring husband, three obsessive felines, and a huge collection of Duran Duran memorabilia.
Summary: Three Lessons on Your Three Word Rebellion
- You need to differentiate yourself. Even if you’re resistant to the idea of a rebellion, the key in what Michelle shared is that you need to have a way to articulate what’s different about you and what you do. What’s the message only you can give?
- Keep it simple. Your Three Word Rebellion should be simple. Don’t be fancy or make things more complex than they need to be.
- Methodology matters. Maybe what you do is a commodity, but you can be different by having a methodology and being able to articulate how you do things.